As Google defines this: “a sauce of crushed basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil, typically served with pasta.”
- Basil leaves
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
Sadly, there are people in the world who can’t eat nuts or cheese *raises hand*. I really miss a good ol’ fashioned milkshake and a slice of New York Baked Cheesecake after a steak dinner.
This is what my brain popped up today, pesto-wise:
- Fresh Basil/Heirloom Tomato/Roasted Garlic/Olive Oil, possibly age goat cheddar cheese
- Stripped Cucumber/Sauteed Spinach cooked w Slivered Garlic/Grilled Watermelon, Smoked Oak Salt, Almond Oil
- Chopped Arugula, Roasted Watermelon, Fresh Basil, Toasted Garlic, Lemon Oil
- Pureed Avocado, Fresh Cilantro, Roasted Spinach w Shallots, Mini Heirloom Tomatoes, quartered, Macadamia Oil
- Roasted Endives with Bacon Fat, Fresh Italian Parsley, Roma Tomatoes, one roasted clove of Garlic, Olive Oil
I miss cheese.